Sorry for my lack of updates on Matt and myself recently. Honestly, I haven't really been thinking of us. We are taking care of ourselves and all, but with the loss of Jenni-- my mind hasn't been necessarily focused on the little things in life.
I did get in to see a new OB/GYN on Wednesday, March 18th. The proved to be very positive, despite a uneasiness on my end. The new doctor ran some bloodwork and did just introductory things. After talking about the difficulties we are experiencing with my cycles (and getting pregnant), she explained to me that she felt I may have a mild case of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. This is basically where my ovaries and brain to do not communicate effectively regarding my cycles and ovulation.
I was originally scared that I would be at a greater risk for ovarian cancer later in life, but she assured me that was not the case at all. She eased my mind by emphasizing this is a mild case of the disorder, and nothing that should be severe enough to prevent us from having children at all. Some of you may have heard of PCOS from Kate Gosselin of TLC's John and Kate Plus 8. The main difference is that her case was very severe, thus leading to IVF treatments to get pregnant. Dr. Harraghy recommended we plan on doing a cycle of Clomid. This medication will make my brain believe there is a decreased level of estrogen in my body, thus leading my brain to tell my ovaries to go into overproduction of the hormone. By this happening, my chances of ovulation (and prediction of ovulation) is made a bit easier. The doctor seemed confident that we would get pregnant after one complete cycle of the medication (three months). She comically told me to plan how aggressive I wanted to be with getting pregnant, and a three month span in which I would like to have a baby. After I have those two thoughts in mind, we can begin.
So that is the decision we have on our plates. Not necessarily the way we wanted things to happen, but God obviously has placed this doctor in our path to help. Only thing now is deciding when to start. I've been under a lot of stress here lately and don't think it is the best of environments to try to conceive. The stress will only work against us anyways.
Until we decide something more definite, I am going to try and relax. Taking vitamins daily, and praying that God shows us the direction He wants for us.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment