Tonight one of my most beloved friends went Home to be with our Lord and Savior. Jennifer (Jenni) Rae Cornwell was the greatest person I have ever met. I am honored to have known her in her short 26 years here on Earth, but I am also privileged to be able to call her my friend and a part of my family. She married my cousin, Josh- but the two of us have been like peas and carrots ever since we roomed together at Western the Spring semester of my Sophomore year.

I have so many happy memories of the two of us together that I can cherish forever. She put a light in my life that had not been there before and she helped me to love God deeper. She showed me what marriage and love really were-- and even though her and Josh had only been married just over 3 years, I believe they were closer than most couples married 40 years. The love present between the two of them was powerful and will live for years to come.


Jenni will be greatly missed by her family, friends, co-workers, students, and acquaintances. She had a personality that was hard to dislike or resist. If you were having a bad day, she could find the most perfect way to make it better. (Nagano's always seemed to work for me.) Our times together will be greatly missed and the coming days will be filled with sorrow. I am glad to say I have no regrets regarding my friendship with Jenni. I was there for her through all three rounds of cancer, both transplants, and her most recent battle. Yes of course I wish I could have more time with her, as does everyone who knew her. But I worked hard to be the friend she needed when she needed a listening ear (or decorating advice) most.




No comments:
Post a Comment