Sunday, August 31, 2008

Crazy Busy

Hi all!

This is my first REAL blog. WOO HOO!
I am starting this blog to help keep each of you in tune with mine and Matt's busy life. Our marriage has been the most beautiful thing (thus far). We are so thankful for the love and support we have received from each of you over the past 13+ months. By no means has our marriage been flawless in the first year, but by FAR it has exceeded both of our expectations. So many people warned us of the struggles to come during our first year of marriage, but the both of us have agreed that we must be doing something right because we have never been as happy as we are right now.

An update in case we have lost touch with some of you:
-Matt is no longer working for Lowes. His schedule there was so unpredictable, and they were not very flexible with letting him off for church. He has been working as a deliver driver for FedEx Ground. Some of you may remember he has always helped them out during the busy holiday season, but now he is there Full-Time. He says this isn't what he will do forever, but for now he loves it.
-I received a promotion at The Jackson Group in March from the Call Center to the Data Analysts Supervisor. (This is what we call the 'temp area' in the company.) I began working at the Jackson Group in 2004 in this same department; now I am the boss. HAHA. The company I work for specializes in customer surveying, with our predominate focus being the health care industry. All in all, I would say I have a wonderful job! -- Despite the stress at times.

-Matt and I moved into a new home in April of this year. We had been living in a duplex near the Catawba/Lincoln County lines; however, the heating and air in that place was kind of lacking. The electrical heating system there was most popular in the 70s, and consisted of heating coils in the ceiling. Minor science lesson-- heat RISES.... heat in the ceiling does not help to really warm a house. So basically we were keeping the roof warmer than the inside of the house, so when spring came-- we got out of there! We now reside in a townhouse in Maiden. Actually, we are less than a block away from church. We love the 'small town' atmosphere of living right here near Main Street. If you are ever in the area-- feel free to stop by.
-For our first anniversary and the 4th of July, we wanted a small getaway for the two of us. The entire time, Matt thought we were going to Gatlinburg. It was not until the day before our trip that I surprised hime with several small 'hints' as to where our travels would land us-- Atlanta, GA. I had never visited that area before, and there were many things we wanted to do- so I thought there would be no better place to visit. We went to the Georgia Aquarium, a Braves game, and Six Flags. At the Braves game, we had All-You-Can-Eat Seats--- definitely worth the money!! We ate and ate, and when we thought we were done: we ate some more!! We also got to stop in at MY favorite store of all time --- IKEA! We must have spent nearly 3 hours shopping in there, but I couldn't help it-- that place is HUGE!! We were able to go to two church services the Sunday morning before heading home.








We went to First Baptist, Atlanta to hear Pastor Charles Stanley preach and then we went to a friend's church to listen to her dad's message. (There was a live lion and bear in service there!!)










-Now for a last little piece of information/update on our end of the Sipe family. We have given this much thought, consideration, and prayer. That's where we would like your help as well-- praying for us. Matt and I both feel in our hearts there is no better time than now to make an addition to the family. Mind you we have gotten ourselves a puppy, Gizmo, whom we love greatly. However, we feel like a baby would only enhance our lives further. We are going to begin trying here in the near future, and the family seems to be very welcoming of the idea of another little one running around. Pray that all will go well and we will conceive in God's timing.




In case some of you haven't met our puppy, here is a picture of our full-grown boy: Gizmo (for his big ears and gremlin appearance)
Have a blessed week!

3 comments:

Bradley Young said...

Love the blog! Glad to see that you're both doing great.

I'll keep you both in my prayers in hopes you can have a little Valerie or Matt running around Maiden!

Hope you keep me updated with this--send me emails when you update ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats Val, lol a blog of your very own....now you and I both know it's just something else for you to do at work. Be honest!!! See you tomorrow!!!

Jeremy, Jodi, Zach, Zane, & Zayden Barnett said...

WHOOOO WHO!!! You did!! A+ I give it. Although I already new the information! haha! Anyways can't wait for a baby and why the pink letters of "Baby" Partial to girls???? I pray that all goes well and if God thinks the timing is right then it will all work out! It's his plan not ours just remember that and don't get frustrated. Love you guys!